Buying a property will be one of the biggest decisions you make. It is for this reason that impartial advice from a competent and qualified mortgage advisor is important. Whether you are a first time buyer, looking to remortgage or purchase a second home, this is where Nazcot Financial can help.
First Time Buyer
Buying a house is one of the most important purchases you will make, and buying a home for the first time will be an even more daunting prospect. Add to this the vast array of mortgage products available from a wide range of sources and you could be left with a high-stress, confusing decision.
When you remortgage, you are switching your mortgage to another deal, and frequently, another lender.
Remortgages can be used for various reasons. However, most people simply switch mortgages because it will work out cheaper for them. For example, the introductory discounted interest rate may have finished with your current lender; therefore you could potentially get a new discount rate, or a lower APR, with another lender. Another example is when you may need to re-mortgage to consolidate debts.
It is worth noting that a remortgage is not the best option in all cases. Even if the lender you are considering switching to is offering a lower APR, you must take into consideration the facts that:
- The new lender may charge you for valuation and solicitors fees, even if you have already paid these for your mortgage with your current lender.
- If you switch your mortgage remember to look at the overall repayment period. You may be able to pay less monthly, but check the final repayment date of the mortgage as well.
Also you may be able to switch your mortgage deal with your current lender, avoiding any unnecessary costs. Many lenders will allow you to switch your mortgage deal reasonably frequently.
Buy to Let
Does investing in property appeal to you? Becoming a private landlord should not be seen as an easy way of making money. It can be very time consuming, more than most forms of investment, and there is no guarantee that house prices will rise. That said, having a second property to let to tenants could reap considerable financial rewards over time.
There are 3 main differences in buy to let mortgages:
- Rent Potential – the decision as to whether or not a mortgage will be offered is usually based on the rent you will earn as well as your income. In some cases your income is not ever considered.
- Interest Rate – buy to let mortgages have slightly higher interest rates.
- Larger Deposit – typically a minimum of 20% or 25% of the property’s value is required as a deposit.
We give our clients access to only independent, whole of the market, qualified mortgage advisors. We have recommended these advisors for many years and they have helped thousands of people achieve their mortgage goals.
This gives our clients total peace of mind that they are receiving the most correct, up-to-date advice for their needs.
Call Nazcot Financial on 01753 439000 and we can help you find the right mortgage advisor for you and our service is free.
THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.